Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random Shots, and Random Thoughts


A By No Means Comprehensive List of What I'm Into These Days (Whiskers on kittens makes the list, but raindrops on roses we don't see here too often . . . )
Doggies. Still . . . doggies. The mama and dada consider getting me one on a daily basis so I'll shut up. They haven't, and I won't. Kitties, trucks, and cars are running a close second. Cars, though, because of the sound they make, are "uns" (as in ununUN . . . start your engine! as an unfortunate toy Namah purchased me says). I don't know why adults don't use more onamatopoeia. It just makes sense. I still like eating rocks and dirt, too, but not quite as much now that I've acquired my newer obsessions.

Word-wise, I've certainly discovered some new and improved choices. The mama and dada love mimicry, let me tell you, especially when it takes the form of "stop!" and "unh uh!". "Lock", "dance", "nut", "pick" (as in, yes, "pick me up!"), "pretty", "vac" (I do love that vacuum),
"heart", "moon", and "Amy" are right up there
with the perennial
favorites "hot", "eat me",
and "Ikey!" I'm also fond
of letters e and a and am working on b,c, and d. Hey, it takes time. In the meantime, I'm most certainly into apples and bananas ("aps" and "nanas" respectively. I've a new appreciation for nuts, thanks to Namah, and do my best to pull them out of other people's mouths. A charming habit, to be sure, but I think I'll get away with it for a bit longer. 2, maybe. I sure don't get it often, but I do love "chiz", especially of the string variety. And coffee. Oohhhhh, yeah! There's nothing better than eating, and I'm the champion in my household.
I'm most enjoying books while the 'rents, who previously hoped furiously that I'd be a reader, are ready for me to can it. They've actually hidden them from me. Whatevs. I know where they are. And if you got me one for my birthday . . . thanks! (Especially if they've got moons, kitties, or doggies in them).
Let's see. I'm a terrible napper, a great (as you may have imagined) eater, a fantastic hide-and-seeker, a newly enthusiastic dancer (tell me to "shake shake, shake shake a shake it!" and I most certainly will, and a cuddly hugger (that is, when I feel like distributing the highly coveted "huggies", not to be confused with my bottoms of choice). Oh, and I like to brush my teeth, too.

1 comment:

CB2 said...

He's so handsome! And mommy's so witty. As always.

Cherise