Friday, September 4, 2009

An Olympian in the Making

We just got back from Reed's first ("trial") gymnastics class. He'll be going two mornings a week this month, and we'll see how it goes. It seems a fitting enterprise for someone who wants to hang on countertops (and appendages) and somersault off furniture. So far: R votes yes on walking on the balance beam, jumping into the foam pit, and hanging/swinging on the bars. Sitting on the rope swing? Not so much. I think we've just entered the next phase of "wow, raising kids is way more expensive than I thought" as we trade in former expenses for these sorts. Still, I think we'll find it worthwhile, and I'm excited that we can afford him various opportunities that might help him on a number of levels. If I can just find the kind of art class I want, we'll be all set. Good thing I just took on another class for October . . .

No comments: